Will Facelift Surgery Get Rid of Sagging Jowls?
Do you have excess, sagging skin under your chin and along your jawline? Sagging jowls is a frequent problem in both men and women as they grow older. As you age, your body’s production of collagen and elastin slows, which leads to sagging and the development of jowls. Other things can also influence the appearance of jowls, such as exposure to UV light, poor diet, smoking, stress, and genetics. Luckily, facelift surgery can help you say goodbye to sagging jowls.
Dr. Manish Shah is a board-certified plastic surgeon at Shah Aesthetic Surgery in Denver, CO. He also treats patients near Cherry Creek and the surrounding areas. Dr. Shah will sit down with you during a consultation and listen to your goals to determine if a facelift surgery to get rid of jowls is the ideal choice for your needs.
About facelift surgery
A facelift or a mini facelift can improve the contour of your face by removing unwanted fat that causes sagging jowls. The facelift tightens the skin and facial muscles for more youthful lines. The surgery can smooth out wrinkles and lift drooping skin around the neck and face.
Below are several types of facelifts used to treat sagging jowls.
- A mini facelift is ideal if you do not have large jowls and do not require a dramatic lift. It smooths neck sagging and can give you a mild lift. With a mini facelift, an incision is made near the hairline or folds of the ears to reduce the appearance of scarring. Following a mini facelift, patients look from 5 – 10 years younger.
- A skin-only facelift will remove excess and loose skin to create a tighter appearance. The skin is then lifted and repositioned to remove jowls. Your profile and jawline can be improved with the procedure by removing sagging jowls. With this form of a facelift, the muscles and fat tissue are undisturbed. The lift focuses only on the skin.
- A traditional facelift (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) is performed on those over 50. The procedure is a standard facelift that requires large incisions on either side of the face that will run from the temple to the lower hairline behind your ear. The skin is then peeled back and lifted to effectively reshape the facial contours. It contours the jawline to remove sagging jowls by removing any excess skin and fat.
- A deep plane lift is the lift of choice for severe drooping jowls. It helps to reshape facial profiles. With a deep plane facelift, the deep structures in the skin are lifted in the form of blocks. The face is then redraped. The procedure treats heavy jowls and helps smooth the nasolabial fold.
The Ultra facelift for sagging jowls
Dr. Shah revolutionized the Ultralift, which he developed in 2011. It is performed as an outpatient procedure. The fat is melted away using a surgical ultrasound system so that the skin is tightened and reshaped to provide natural-looking results. You can gain a more youthful appearance with this form of facelift.
What are the benefits of facelift surgery for jowls?
If you decide to undergo facelift surgery to lift sagging jowls and gain a more youthful appearance, you can enjoy many additional benefits, such as:
- Discreet entry points to minimize scarring
- Camouflages incisions and scars
- Provides noticeable results quickly
- Gives patients greater confidence
Is a facelift right for me?
If you want to tighten sagging jowls along your jawline and tighten skin laxity in the bottom and middle areas of your face, a facelift may be ideal. With a facelift, Dr. Shah can target specific areas of the face. Each facelift can be tailored to fit the patient's unique needs. Every facelift is different depending on the patient's age and goals. Many things impact a facelift, such as the health of your skin and the amount of laxity.
Prior to undergoing a facelift, you should be in good health. Also, you should not smoke.
Schedule a facelift consultation in Denver, CO
If you have sagging jowls, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Manish Shah at Shah Aesthetic Surgery in Denver, CO. He also treats patients near Cherry Creek and other areas. During your consultation, Dr. Shah will meet with you to discuss which facelift procedure is right for you and to customize your treatment plan so you can say goodbye to sagging jowls. Contact us today to learn more.