Meet Dr. Shah
Dr. Manish Shah is a board-certified Denver, CO plastic surgeon who specializes in plastic surgery of the face, breast, body and skin. At his practice, Dr. Shah is committed to the informed patient. By educating patients, he provides them with all the pertinent information to make an informed decision for the best possible outcome. Dr. Shah’s top priority is safe and effective surgery so unlike other doctors, he isn’t afraid to be completely honest with patients. As one of the best plastic surgeons in Colorado, Dr. Shah is focused on natural surgery so he doesn’t perform extreme surgeries.
Specialties and Skills
Approximately 90% of Dr. Shah’s practice consists of elective facial surgery in addition to tummy tucks, breast surgery, liposuction and more. Since 2005, Dr. Shah has performed more than 10,000 surgical procedures, including more than 2000 facelifts. He averages around 75 eyelid surgeries and 50 rhinoplasties per year. As the only fully active Rhinoplasty Society member in Colorado, Dr. Shah is one of 120 members worldwide. Known for his Revision Rhinoplasty skills, about 30 - 40% of Dr. Shah’s rhinoplasty patients have come to him after previously botched surgeries. Besides rhinoplasty, Dr. Shah’s other specialties include revision facial aesthetic surgery, Brazilian butt lift surgery, and butt implant surgery. However, Dr. Shah is extensively trained in all areas of plastic surgery.
Education and Training
Dr. Shah began his extensive education and training at the University of Pennsylvania where he graduated with honors with a degree in biomedical engineering. He earned his M.D. at the University of Virginia. During this time, at the New York University School of Medicine/Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Dr. Shah completed a one-year fellowship in microsurgery research. In addition, he completed a demanding training program at the prestigious Emory University and the Medical College of Georgia in General and Trauma Surgery.
Dr. Shah completed his formal education and training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine – Chattanooga Unit. After this, Dr. Shah was selected for further instruction at the highly-selective Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital. While there, he trained with some of the most respected cosmetic surgeons in the field in face, breast and body surgery. This fellowship has the distinction of being considered one of the best and most advanced in the world.
Dr. Shah’s skill and dedication as a cosmetic surgeon have been noted and honored throughout his esteemed career. He is the former Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Rocky Mountain region’s only academic level 1 trauma center. In addition, he was the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Denver Health Medical Center. Dr. Shah has been listed on the preeminent Marquis Who’s Who in America since 2009. He was also voted one of Forbes Magazine’s “Top Ten Most Dependable Plastic Surgeons of the Western United States” in 2008.
- Shah Aesthetic Surgery, Owner, Denver, CO
- July 2005 to Present
- Center for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Partner, Englewood, CO
- February 2008 to September 2015
- Lifestyle Lift Center, Surgical Consultant, Denver, CO
- February 2007 to March 2015
- Triumph Healthcare Hospital – Wound Care Program, Director, Aurora, CO
- January 2007 to February 2008
- Denver Health Medical Center (Chief of Plastic Surgery) - Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- September 2005 to June 2009
- October 2017 to current - Volunteer Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery - teaching cosmetic surgery to the plastic surgery Chief Residents
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Certified 2006, Recertified 2017
- Microsurgical Techniques Course – IRPS, Ling Zhang, M.D., September 1995
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – Past
- Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital/Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellow, July 2004-June 2005
- Chair: Sherrell J. Aston, M.D.
- University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Department of Plastic Surgery, Chattanooga, TN
- Chief Resident, July 2003-June 2004
- Resident, July 2002-June 2003
- Chair: Larry A. Sargent, M.D.
- Medical College of Georgia, Department of Surgery, Augusta, GA
- Chief Resident, July 2001-June 2002
- Surgical Resident (C), July 2000-June 2001
- Chair: Thomas Gadacz, M.D.
- Emory University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Atlanta, GA
- Surgical Resident (P), July 1998-June 2000
- Surgical Intern (P), July 1997-June 1998
- Chair: William Wood, M.D.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- M.D. conferred, May 1997
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S.E. Bioengineering, Cum Laude, May 1992
- Honors: Dean’s List, Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- The Rhinoplasty Society, Active Member
- American College of Surgeons (FACS), Fellow
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Active Member
- Colorado Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- Colorado Medical Society, Member
- Denver Medical Society, Member
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Reviewer
- The Rhinoplasty Society, Corporate Support/Grant/Industry Panel Committee
- Chair 2016-2017
The Rhinoplasty Society, Website Committee
The Rhinoplasty Society, Scientific Program Committee
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Information Technology Task Force
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Information Technology Task Force
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Product Development and Market Research Committee
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Electronic Communications Committee (ECC)
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, ECC, Blog subcommittee
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, ECC, Social Media subcommittee
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Candidate Committee
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Resident & Fellows Committee
- Representative for the State of Colorado, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Government Affairs Council Federal Advocacy Event
Washington, D.C. - 2006 to 2007
- Gerson Lehrman Group Healthcare Council, Member
Consultant to industry on issues in plastic surgery
- Johnson and Johnson PDS Flexible Plate Innovation Summit, Mentor
New York, NY – June 2010
- Skinmedica Young Physicians Summit
Carlsbad, CA – September 2010
Honors & Awards
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2009-2011
- Voted One of the Ten Most Dependable Plastic Surgeons of the Western United States by Goldline Research, Forbes Magazine, October 27, 2008
- Plastic Surgery In-service Exam – 90th Percentile
- Dean’s List, 2001, University of Pennsylvania
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society, University of Pennsylvania
- Gurunluoglu R, Shah MH, Kim F. Microsurgical Penile Replantation after Self-inflicted Amputation in a Schizophrenic Patient: 5-year Followup. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2015 Mar; 3(3): e319
- Buford GA, Lucas AR, Fardo D, Shah MH. Rhinoplasty, Supratip deformity. Emedicine.medscape.com. Aug 2010.
- Shah MH ASPS Federal Advocacy Fly-in Program – A Rookie’s Perspective. Plastic Surgery News. 40, September 2006.
- Shah MH, Kasabian AK, Karp NS, Kolker AR, Dublin BA, Zhang L, Sakuma J. Axonal. Regeneration through an Autologous Nerve Bypass: An Experimental Study in the Rat. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 38(4): 408-414, April 1997.
- Dublin BA, Karp NS; Kasabian AK, Kolker AR, Shah MH. Selective Use of Preoperative Arteriography in Free Flap Reconstruction. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 38(4): 404-407, April 1997.
"Buyer beware! - I chose Dr. Shah because he seemed like a very competent doctor who was also inexpensive. Well it is definitely true that you get what you pay for. I am now saving to have my liposuction surgery redone to repair the lumps and bumps and all over unsightly appearance as a result of this surgery."
"I went in for a laser treatment and woke up during the procedure. I remember that it was very painful and I grabbed onto the assistant's hand. Aside from that, I don't remember anything about it. I went home and recuperated for about a week. At my follow-up appointment with Dr. Shah, he told me that he hadn't finished the procedure, as I was screaming too much, and that, instead of getting the usual benefit, I only got about 10 percent of what others normally got. My complaint is that the medication they gave me to induce unconsciousness did not work. I feel this was medical negligence. Last year, another plastic surgeon whom I consulted told me that I could have sued the doctor/ clinic. P.S. In addition to the above, the receptionist had told me prior to having the procedure that if I needed to have a second treatment, it would be free of charge. When I asked Dr. Shah about this at my follow-up appointment, he said no, he wouldn't do that,"
"I had breast augmentation done last month and Dr Shah has done an amazing job. I absolutely love my new body. I would so recommend him to any woman who considers breast augmentation. Scars are barely visible, breasts feel absolutely natural, and the whole recovery process has been pretty easy. Great office staff, his RN is super attentive and always there to answer any questions or concerns. Very happy with the results. Thank you, Dr Shah!"
"Excellent Nose Surgeon Dr. Shah operated on my nose recently. He literally built my nose, or half of it depending on how you see it, due to the underdeveloped mid-section of my face. I had consulted three surgeons, including Dr. Shah, for my procedure. Unlike other HCPs that provided brief, standard, and diplomatic answers (mostly by the assistants), Dr. Shah had his individualized approach by offering specific information on my situation. When it came to the final outcome, ONLY Dr. Shah had the assurance of high success rate with Autograft. And he DID it beautifully with great precision. His charge is VERY competitive. From my own experience, Dr. Shah makes good effort in understanding and accommodating his client?s needs. He is genuine and has a great sense of humor."
"Excellent Nose Surgeon - Dr. Shah operated on my nose recently. He literally built my nose, or half of it depending on how you see it, due to the underdeveloped mid-section of my face. I had consulted three surgeons, including Dr. Shah, for my procedure. Unlike other HCPs that provided brief, standard, and diplomatic answers (mostly by the assistants), Dr. Shah had his individualized approach by offering specific information on my situation. When it came to the final outcome, ONLY Dr. Shah had the assurance of high success rate with Autograft. And he DID it beautifully with great precision.His charge is VERY competitive.From my own experience, Dr. Shah makes good effort in understanding and accommodating his clients needs. He is genuine and has a great sense of humor._______________________,,"